- KEEP US IN MIND FOR YOUR FAMILY'S CHIROPRACTIC CARE
Last Updated: May 31, 2020
Chiropractic is a health care approach that focuses on the relationship between the body's structure—mainly the spine—and its functioning. Although practitioners may use a variety of treatment approaches, they primarily perform adjustments to the spine or other parts of the body with the goal of correcting alignment problems and supporting the body's natural ability to heal itself.
- People seek chiropractic care primarily for pain conditions such as back pain, neck pain, and headache.
- Side effects and risks depend on the type of chiropractic treatment used.
- Chiropractic practitioners in the United States are required to earn a Doctor of Chiropractic degree from properly accredited colleges.
- Ongoing research is looking at effects of chiropractic treatment approaches, how they might work, and diseases and conditions for which they may be most helpful.
- Tell your health care providers about any complementary and alternative practices you use. Give them a full picture of what you do to manage your health. This will help ensure coordinated and safe care.